- You apologise for taking up too much space in the bed.
- You feed us first.
- You find yourself being drawn to all kinds of ‘cute’ accessories (for the love of God not more coats Mum!).
- You recognise our ‘busyness’ as being truly important work which must continue no matter what time or day (or night) it may be.
- You understand and adapt to our intrinsic need for digging.
- You appreciate the sooky in all its forms.
- Even if you don’t want to be sookied you will put up with it for the sake of your dachshund.
- You automatically try to fix our broken toys as you would with a child.
- You cannot resist our puppy-dog eyes and believe me, we know how to work it.
- You go all-out to make sure we are alone as little as possible.
- Should the above be unavoidable you substitute yourself with an Aunty Hec or similar.
- You find yourself reading to us aloud.
- You speak to us as you would a human.
- You take all admiring looks from other people in your stride (for us that is, not you).
- You understand it takes us time to decide whether we like a new treat or not and are happy to wait upon our decision.
- You strictly adhere to the routine set up by us for your own good.
You understand (Mum & Dad!) that this is a JOKE and in NO WAY resembles my relationship with YOU. No, it’s OTHER DACHSHUNDS I’m talking about. You know dachshunds in general – and you know Mum & Dad that cannot be me because I’m no general –I’m an admiral!
Till next time. Love & leggies, Nutty x
Admiral Nutty – I see no ships..