1) Always lets them think they are the boss (even though we anipals know differently).
2) Use positive reinforcement in the form of the sooky or the lean. Avoid using treats as a reward for good behaviour as too much snacking will make your owner obese and ruin his teeth.
3) A happy owner is a fit owner so make sure you walk your owner at least 3 times a day. Older owners may require shorter walks but if your owner is young he will appreciate a good ramble or a beach walk whatever the weather. Regular walkies also encourages owners to socialise with other owners as well as keeping them fit.
4) Create a workable routine and stick to it. Too many times soft-hearted anipals fall prey to their owner’s sooky looks as he passes by that delicious looking cake in the baker shop window. Be firm anipals and lead your owner way from such temptation with a sharp tug on his leash to bring him to order.
5) Don’t expect gratitude. While we understand that what we do is for our owner’s own good, we cannot expect their human brain to comprehend the intricate canine mind. Keep working your owner with love and with discipline. Remember that your owner will always respond to a happy woof and a waggy tail so make sure you reward a well-behaved owner with this reward at least once a day.
Till next time. Love & leggies, Nutty x